- Postal News Roundup January 9, 2019Postal Worker electrocuted while changing light Goleta postal facility focus of federal investigation Congressman to introduce bill requiring air conditioning in all U.S. Postal Service mail trucks Parcel carriers shone during peak delivery period, firm’s data shows Letter: Mahalo to US Postal Service and workers New Congress Will Hold Historic Hearings On Expanding Social Security And Medicare […]
- Postal News Roundup January 4, 2019Pew Research poll finds 88 percent of Americans give the PO a thumbs up Postal office here bursting at the seams due to lack of staffing Owner Of Vehicle Maintenance And Repair Companies Convicted Of Bribery And Tax Fraud In Manhattan Federal Court Postal banking advances in the world, but not in the USA Union sues […]
- Postal News Roundup December 11, 2018Miracle On Your Street: How The Post Office Handles Holidays Trump admin’s proposed USPS package hike could push Amazon to bolster private shipping business Task Force on USPS Recommends More Contracting, Less Bargaining Postal workers claim USPS managers force them to falsify package deliveries U.S. Postal Service Governors Appoint Inspector General Walgreens links up with […]
- Postal News Roundup December 6, 2018Treasury suggests review of postal rates – but not just for Amazon Trump task force recommends ways to boost Postal Service Trump admin’s proposed USPS package hike could push Amazon to bolster private shipping business Postal task force seeks to remove USPS compensation from collective bargaining Postal Task Force Releases Report Trump Administration Task Force […]
- Postal News Roundup November 28, 2018Postal workers kept the public safe. Why does the White House want to get rid of them? USPS took a year to fix a vulnerability that exposed all 60 million users’ data USPS is done subsidizing Chinese package shipping Call Collett: Moving the mailbox battle Trumann officials express concern over city’s postal issues U.S. Postal […]
- Postal News Roundup January 9, 2019
- Congressmen re-introduce bill to expand MSPB Appeal Rights to USPS Managers January 17, 2019Today, Representatives Gerry Connolly (D-VA) and David McKinley (R-WV) reintroduced H.R. 597, the Postal Employees Appeal Rights Amendments Act, to expand U.S. Merit Systems Protection Board appeals rights to mid-level U.S. Postal Service Management. Connolly and McKinley previously introduced the legislation in the 115th Congress. “This is about ensuring a fair review process. All Postal […]postal
- OSHA Cites USPS After Heat-Related Postal Worker Death in Southern California January 17, 2019WOODLAND HILLS, CA – The U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has cited the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) for a repeated violation of OSHA’s General Duty Clause following the heat-related death of a Southern California mail carrier at the Woodland Hills Post Office. The employee suffered hyperthermia while delivering mail in […]postal
- USPS Expands Wounded Warriors Leave January 17, 2019The USPS has recently expanded the Wounded Warrior Leave policy effective on January 5, 2019. The Wounded Warriors Federal Leave Act of 2015 is a law that provides veterans who have a service connected disability rating of 30 percent or more with 104 hours of Wounded Warrior Leave during their first year of employment. The […]postal
- Brooklyn Residents Take On Postal Service Over Parking Spots January 17, 2019NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – An ongoing battle between some residents in Brooklyn and their local post office has intensified and crossed over into vandalism. An angry message has been delivered to the United States Postal Service in Park Slope: No parking on our street. A USPS delivery truck in the Park Slope section of Brooklyn was vandalized near the van Brunt […]postal
- USPS: Celebrate love with the Hearts Blossom Forever stamp January 10, 20191/10/19 SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico — The U.S. Postal Service celebrates the joys of love with the latest stamp in the popular Love series, the Hearts Blossom Forever stamp. “The Love stamp is traditionally released in time for Valentine’s Day, but it can be used to deliver love for any reason in any season,” […]postal
- Congressmen re-introduce bill to expand MSPB Appeal Rights to USPS Managers January 17, 2019
- USPS celebrates Lunar New Year with Year of the Boar Forever stamp January 17, 2019HOUSTON — Bright pink peach blossoms highlight the 2019 Year of the Boar Forever stamp, the 12th and final stamp in the Celebrating Lunar New Year series. The U.S. Postal Service dedicated the stamps today during a first-day-of-issue ceremony at the Chinese Community Center in Houston, TX. The public is asked to share the news […]
- Celebra el amor con la estampilla Hearts Blossom January 10, 2019SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico — El Servicio Postal Estadounidense celebra la energía del amor con la más reciente estampilla de la popular serie Love (amor), la estampilla Hearts Blossom Forever (florecimiento eterno de los corazones).
- Celebrate love with the Hearts Blossom Forever stamp January 10, 2019SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico — The U.S. Postal Service celebrates the joys of love with the latest stamp in the popular Love series, the Hearts Blossom Forever stamp.
- Celebrating Unexpected Beauty January 9, 2019The U.S. Postal Service will celebrate the beauty of cactus flowers with 10 new stamp designs. The first-day-of-issue event for the Cactus Flowers Forever stamps is free and open to the public.
- New Forever stamp honors legendary entertainer Gregory Hines December 26, 2018The 42nd stamp in the Black Heritage series honors Gregory Hines, whose unique style of tap dancing injected new artistry and excitement into a traditional American form. A versatile performer who danced, acted and sang on Broadway, television and in movies, Hines developed the entertainment traditions of tap into an art form for a younger […]
- USPS celebrates Lunar New Year with Year of the Boar Forever stamp January 17, 2019