- Postal News Roundup May 13, 2019Postal Service Still Americans' Favorite Federal Agency AOC and Bernie Put Postal Banking Back on the Agenda USPS Reports Flat Revenue and Same Old Volume-Growth Patterns Congress To Postmaster General: Provide A Turnaround Plan By July DeFazio And Allies Target 'Ridiculous' Pre-Funding Mandate For USPS Retirees Former United States Postal Service Manager Pleads Guilty To […]
- Postal News Roundup April 25, 2019Misdiagnosis: A Review of the Report of the White House Task Force on the Postal Service Postal Banking Is Back -- On Democratic Party Platforms -- But Is It Viable? Friends, neighbors in shock over fatal shooting of Albuquerque postal worker USPS Cuts 10K Positions After Five Years of Job Growth North Coast Rep. Huffman […]
- Postal News Roundup April 18, 2019Mark Dimondstein: The U.S. Postal Service is owned by the people — let's keep it that way "Keep It, It's Yours." Postal Workers' Message to Public Denounces Trump Privatization Plan Fighting Back Against Trump Administration's Plan to Privatize the Postal Service. APWU fights Trump's plan to privatise the United States Postal Service USPS Workers Push […]
- Postal News Roundup April 2, 2019Mercury Spill At Postal Facility In Warrendale Stalls Delivery Of Packages Former Manager Of Bulk Mailing Company Admits $1.5 Million Mail Fraud Conspiracy Oversight of Highway Contract Routes – Insurance What’s Driving Postal Transportation Costs? Union says mail carrier shortages are hampering delivery service AFL-CIO leader suggests he'd welcome NAFTA withdrawal -- to force more […]
- Postal News Roundup March 11, 2019Sens. Moran, Peters Introduce Bipartisan Resolution Opposing Privatization of the United States Postal Service OSHA fines USPS in Jacksonville $129,336 for exposing mail carriers to August heat President Donald J. Trump Announces Intent to Nominate Personnel to Key Administration Posts - “John McLeod Barger of California, to be a Member of the Board of Governors of the […]
- Postal News Roundup May 13, 2019
- USPS Tests Out Self-Driving Trucks for Hauling Mail May 21, 2019(Reuters) – The U.S. Postal Service on Tuesday started a two-week test transporting mail across three Southwestern states using self-driving trucks, a step forward in the effort to commercialize autonomous vehicle technology for hauling freight. San Diego-based startup TuSimple said its self-driving trucks will begin hauling mail between USPS facilities in Phoenix and Dallas to […]postal
- Supreme Court rejects UPS appeal, benefiting USPS, Amazon May 21, 2019UPS failed in its effort to create a “level playing field” in the delivery game after the U.S. Supreme Court turned away its appeal aimed at forcing the U.S. Postal Service to raise its prices. The Supreme Court on Monday unanimously upheld an appeals court ruling related to how much the Postal Service can charge […]postal
- Man accused of ramming mail truck to kill ‘useless’ USPS employee May 16, 2019HOYT LAKES, Minn. — An Iron Range man is charged with assault after police say he tried to kill a U.S. Mail carrier by crashing into her truck at a high rate of speed. A criminal complaint details how witnesses say 56-year-old Alan Lynn Birt of Bovey rammed the carrier with a brand new 3/4 […]postal
- Washington Postal Worker Gets 14 Months in Prison for Stealing Electronics from Priority Mail Processing Facility May 16, 2019Defendant Stole Dozens of Digital Devices from Kent Priority Mail Annex and Recruited Others to Re-Sell them on Online Marketplaces and Elsewhere A former U.S. Postal Service employee was sentenced today in U.S. District Court in Seattle to fourteen months in prison for stealing electronic devices from mail shipments and directing others to sell the […]postal
- Safety Experts Alarmed by Mail Trucks Bursting Into Flames May 13, 2019Mail trucks are bursting into flames at a rate that would trigger a massive recall if they were passenger vehicles. More than 120 fires have occurred in the past five years, including 12 in the first four months of this year. News and social media photos show the trucks burning intensely, often inches away from […]postal
- USPS Tests Out Self-Driving Trucks for Hauling Mail May 21, 2019
- New Forever stamps celebrate America’s wild and scenic rivers May 21, 2019BEND, OR — The U.S. Postal Service today celebrates America’s Wild and Scenic Rivers – those deemed outstandingly remarkable for their fish and wildlife, geology, recreation and cultural or historical significance – with 12 new Forever stamps. Each stamp in the pane showcases a different segment of the National Wild and Scenic River System.
- U.S. Postal Service Reports Second Quarter Fiscal 2019 Results May 10, 2019WASHINGTON - The U.S. Postal Service reported total revenue of $17.5 billion for the second quarter of fiscal 2019 (January 1, 2019 - March 31, 2019), a decrease of $8 million, or essentially flat, compared to the same quarter last year.
- U.S. Postal Service Honors Battleship USS Missouri with a Forever Stamp May 10, 2019The U.S. Postal Service celebrates the USS Missouri (BB-63) with a Forever stamp. The famed American battleship is being honored to coincide with the 75th anniversary of her commissioning on June 11, 1944. The battleship was affectionately nicknamed “Mighty Mo,” and had one of the most historic roles during World War II. On Sept. 2, […]
- Frederick Yocum and The Standard Group Receive Next Generation Campaign Grand Champion Award at the National Postal Forum May 8, 2019INDIANAPOLIS — The U.S. Postal Service has recognized Frederick Yocum and The Standard Group with the Next Generation Campaign Grand Champion Award for their ability to create exceptional and innovative mail campaigns.
- Royal Alliances, Pitney Bowes and Intelisent Honored with Data Driven Excellence Award at the National Postal Forum May 8, 2019INDIANAPOLIS — The U.S. Postal Service has recognized Royal Alliances, Pitney Bowes and Intelisent with the Data Driven Excellence Award for utilizing the Informed Visibility platform to improve the customer experience. Each company leveraged data to pinpoint areas of opportunity to provide more visibility and identify areas to better target mailings.
- New Forever stamps celebrate America’s wild and scenic rivers May 21, 2019