- Postal News Roundup September 7, 2018Postal Service suspects mold sickened 2 central Minn. post office employees Postal Union: Albuquerque Offices In Shambles Locals concerned after Postal Annex closes abruptly Trump’s silence about post-office report suggests his pricing claims proved false Boxing match The Trump administration takes on the international postal system UPU Director General Addresses eBay, Ecommerce, and Reform Bentley […]
- Postal News Roundup September 4, 2018Postal union: Albuquerque offices are in shambles with bats, rats Bowlus temporarily loses its post office due to 'health concerns' Trump moves toward public report on Postal Service overhaul by year's end Senate delays Amazon hearing pending Postal Service review: report Amazon defends itself from Bernie Sanders' attacks AFL-CIO chief: Trump has done more to […]
- Postal News Roundup August 31, 2018White House Expected to Keep Postal Task Force Report Secret Until After Midterms UPU Responds to President Trump’s Directive on Postal Terminal Dues Trump cancels pay raises for federal employees Key U.S. Labor Leader Says NAFTA Replacement Must Include Canada AFL-CIO town hall: ‘Unions are critical for the future’ Billionaire, unions have a plan to tip California’s […]
- Postal News Roundup August 30, 2018Board of Governors: Nominees confirmed, other candidates announced Postal Workers Launch Campaign Against Anticipated USPS Privatization Scheme Mercury spilled at USPS building in Norfolk; Mail delivery not suspended Trump’s Mexico Deal Gets Tentative Support From Key Labor Leader Canada and U.S. Express Optimism as Pressure Builds to Reach NAFTA Accord Hurricane Maria caused an estimated 2,975 […]
- Postal News Roundup August 27, 2018Union protests privatization of US Postal Service Privatizing the US postal service Unionized postal workers may continue to take unpaid leave to campaign Labor’s Last Stand U.S. Department of State News: Presidential Memorandum on International Postal Practices USPS delivers mail Sunday after Tropical Storm Lane Northwest Almanac: Baby chicks, honey bees and ... a skeleton? Winston-Salem postal […]
- Postal News Roundup September 7, 2018
- She didn’t have to go ‘postal’ on robber, but mail carrier did get mail back September 22, 2018While walking her route on Sept. 19 at 12:10 p.m. in the area of New and Rutgers avenues, a mailwoman was accosted by a woman who took from packages from her satchel and then walked away, Jersey City spokeswoman Kimberly Wallace-Scalcione said. Police responded to reports that a mail carrier was being assaulted and were […]postal
- NALC: Letter Carriers Recognized as Heroes of the Year September 22, 2018WASHINGTON, Sept. 19, 2018 — Letter carriers who rescued people from raging house fires, saved numerous Houston-area residents from Hurricane Harvey’s raging flood waters and cornered a burglar who had terrified a young girl, are among those to be honored Sept. 26. Jason Moss of Tampa, FL, and John Sylvain, an Army veteran from Fort […]postal
- USPS hiring now for the holidays September 22, 2018(California) The Bay-Valley postal district is hosting a free workshop on Sunday, September 23, 2018, to help future career employees navigate the online application process on www.usps.com/careers. Interviews will be conducted onsite. There are immediate openings in the Contra Costa, Napa, Solano, Santa Clara and San Benito counties. Registration will begin at 8:30 AM and […]postal
- Coalition Commends Bipartisan Senate Resolution to Block USPS Privatization September 22, 2018WASHINGTON – September 21, 2018 – A resolution (S.Res.633) has been introduced in the U.S. Senate to block privatization of the U.S. Postal Service (USPS). Art Sackler, manager of the Coalition for a 21st Century Postal Service, an organization of public and private companies, trade associations and other industry groups which rely on the U.S. […]postal
- Nebraska Postal Worker Sentenced for Fraudulent Credit Cards September 21, 2018United States Attorney Joe Kelly announced that Domonic L. Harris, 44, of Lincoln, Nebraska, was sentenced September 14, 2018, in Lincoln, Nebraska, to nine months in prison by United States District Judge John M. Gerrard, for illegal transactions with an access device. In addition to his prison sentence, Harris will also serve two years on […]postal
- She didn’t have to go ‘postal’ on robber, but mail carrier did get mail back September 22, 2018
- Something to Chirp About September 21, 2018QUECHEE, VT — In the midst of winter, when leaves have fallen from the trees and snow covers the ground in many areas, the lively sights and sounds of resident birds can be a welcome treat. The U.S. Postal Service celebrates these beautiful creatures with Birds in Winter Forever stamps.
- Postal Service, American Postal Workers Union Continue Negotiations September 21, 2018WASHINGTON — The United States Postal Service and the American Postal Workers Union (APWU) have agreed to extend contract negotiations on a new collective bargaining agreement. Although the contract with the APWU expired at midnight Thursday, September 20, the Postal Service and the APWU have mutually decided to extend the negotiations deadline by thirty days […]
- http://about.usps.com/news/national-releases/2018/pr18_ma076.htm September 20, 2018The U.S. Postal Service continues its tradition of celebrating Kwanzaa, an annual Pan-African holiday that brings family, community, and culture together for many African Americans. News of the stamp is being shared with the hashtag #KwanzaaStamps.
- Postal Service and Israel Post to Jointly Dedicate Hanukkah Stamps September 17, 2018The U.S. Postal Service will be issuing a new Hanukkah Forever stamp to celebrate the Jewish holiday.
- Robert M. Duncan Elected Chairman of the U.S. Postal Service Board of Governors September 13, 2018WASHINGTON — During an open meeting of the Temporary Emergency Committee (TEC) of the Board of Governors of the U.S. Postal Service today, Robert M. Duncan of Kentucky was elected chairman of the Board of Governors. David C. Williams of Illinois was elected vice-chairman of the Board.
- Something to Chirp About September 21, 2018