- Postal News Roundup February 11, 2019Trump Aide Warns of Going It Alone on International Postal Rates Northrop Grumman Systems Corporation Agrees to Pay $5.2 Million to Settle Allegations of False Labor Charges Where does a tip to an Amazon driver go? In some cases, toward the driver's base pay Denver Teachers Strike Over Base Pay Number of Workers Striking Across […]
- Postal News Roundup February 8, 2019Your Mailbox Could Be Opened Up To Private Carriers New York Coalition Supports Postal Banks With a Twist Motiv to Supply Electric Trucks for US Postal Service Test Postal worker killed in one of two interstate shootings in Chicago Amazon Scout: Testing Autonomous Delivery Truck UPS, FedEx should watch out as Amazon, Walmart start shipping […]
- Postal News Roundup January 25, 2019Why the US Postal Service is never affected by government shutdowns Postal Service responds to Rockland fire chief's concerns Why was the U.S. Postal Service at CES? UPS and Latch are expanding in-building deliveries to 10 more cities Amazon tests traffic management system for drones ‘Will work for pay’: Furloughed federal workers stage sit-in outside senators’ offices; […]
- Postal News Roundup January 9, 2019Postal Worker electrocuted while changing light Goleta postal facility focus of federal investigation Congressman to introduce bill requiring air conditioning in all U.S. Postal Service mail trucks Parcel carriers shone during peak delivery period, firm’s data shows Letter: Mahalo to US Postal Service and workers New Congress Will Hold Historic Hearings On Expanding Social Security And Medicare […]
- Postal News Roundup January 4, 2019Pew Research poll finds 88 percent of Americans give the PO a thumbs up Postal office here bursting at the seams due to lack of staffing Owner Of Vehicle Maintenance And Repair Companies Convicted Of Bribery And Tax Fraud In Manhattan Federal Court Postal banking advances in the world, but not in the USA Union sues […]
- Postal News Roundup February 11, 2019
- Sickness blamed for no home mail delivery in parts of Dayton OH area February 15, 2019KETTERING — Some people in the Dayton area say they are not getting mail delivered to their homes. People were coming to pick up their mail Wednesday afternoon at the U.S. Post Office at 1490 Forrer Blvd. in Kettering. Customers said they were told a number of letter carriers had called off sick. However, staff […]postal
- Mail Carrier Explains Braving Cold While Delivering Mail February 15, 2019MANKATO– Ice and snow covered roads have made it a pain to get from point A to point B, but for postal workers it can be a real headache. City Letter Carrier Ben Westphal is one of 57 United States Postal Service workers in Mankato. Westphal takes on a number of different routes every […]postal
- USPS mail carrier taken to hospital after being attacked by two pit bulls in Port Arthur, Texas February 15, 2019PORT ARTHUR, Texas — A mail carrier was taken to the hospital Thursday after being attacked by two pit bulls. The woman was working her route in Port Arthur when the dogs bit her. Port Arthur police tell us she didn’t receive life-threatening injuries but did end up with a serious cut to her right […]postal
- Transportation Companies Dominate 2018 List of Top USPS Suppliers, FedEx leads with $2 Billion February 15, 2019FEBRUARY 14, 2019 – Husch Blackwell announced today the publication of its Top 150 U.S. Postal Service Suppliers list, an annual look at the companies with the largest supplier relationships with the U.S. Postal Service (USPS). All told, USPS spent nearly $16 billion on outside purchases, about $900 million more than the year before. Not […]postal
- Couple Thanks ‘Hero’ Postal Carrier for Rescuing Them From Fiery Wreck February 3, 2019Escondido CA — A North County mail carrier is being called a hero after he pulled two people from their burning car after a serious accident. Chris Aaaron and girlfriend Angelique Arenas were turning left onto last October when a pickup trucks with two teens and a 10-year-old inside hit them at nearly 50 mph. […]postal
- Sickness blamed for no home mail delivery in parts of Dayton OH area February 15, 2019
- USPS releases Cactus Flowers Forever stamps February 15, 2019MESA, AZ — The U.S. Postal Service showcases hidden beauty with the release of Cactus Flowers Forever stamps.
- U.S. Postal Service Reports First Quarter Fiscal 2019 Results February 8, 2019WASHINGTON — The U.S. Postal Service reported total revenue of $19.7 billion for the first quarter of fiscal 2019 (October 1, 2018 - December 31, 2018), an increase of $553 million, or 2.9 percent, compared to the same quarter last year.
- USPS reveals additional stamps for 2019 January 29, 2019WASHINGTON — The U.S. Postal Service today revealed five additional subjects to the 2019 Stamp Program. More details on dates and locations for the first-day-of-issue ceremonies are coming.
- New Forever stamp features dancer, actor Gregory Hines January 28, 2019NEW YORK — The U.S. Postal Service today celebrated the life and legacy of award winning entertainer Gregory Hines when it inducted him as the 42nd honoree in the Black Heritage Stamp series during a first-day-of-issue ceremony at Peter Norton Symphony Space, on the Upper West Side of Manhattan.
- USPS celebrates Lunar New Year with Year of the Boar Forever stamp January 17, 2019HOUSTON — Bright pink peach blossoms highlight the 2019 Year of the Boar Forever stamp, the 12th and final stamp in the Celebrating Lunar New Year series. The U.S. Postal Service dedicated the stamps today during a first-day-of-issue ceremony at the Chinese Community Center in Houston, TX. The public is asked to share the news […]
- USPS releases Cactus Flowers Forever stamps February 15, 2019